Assembly Bill 1315 establishes the EPI Plus Program Advisory Committee to the Commission to expand the provision of high-quality, evidence-based early psychosis and mood disorder detection and intervention services by providing additional funding through the EPI Plus Program.
This bill prescribes the membership of the Advisory Committee, including the Chair of the Commission, or his or her designee. Other members of the Advisory Committee include:
Positions Already Filled:
- The director of a county behavioral health department that administers an early psychosis and mood disorder detection and intervention-type program
- A representative from a nonprofit community mental health organization that focuses on service delivery to transition-aged youth and young adults
- A psychiatrist or psychologist
- A representative from the Behavioral Health Center of Excellence at the University of California, Davis, or a representative from a similar entity with expertise within the University of California system
- A representative from a health plan participating in the Medi-Cal managed care program and the employer-based health care market
- A representative from the medical technologies industry who is knowledgeable of advances in technology related to the use of innovative social media and mental health information feedback
- A representative knowledgeable of evidence-based practices as they pertain to the operations of an early psychosis and mood disorder detection and intervention-type programs, including knowledge of experiences outside of California.
- A representative who is a parent or guardian caring for a young child with mental illness
- An at-large representative
- A representative who is a person with lived experience of a mental illness
The Committee provides advice and guidance on approaches to early psychosis and mood disorder detection and intervention programs. The Committee will also administer a competitive selection process to provide funding for these programs and recommend a core set of standardized clinical and outcome measures.
We are no longer accepting applications.