- Notice: The Client and Family Leadership Committee has cancelled the MHSA Community Forum in San Diego from 2 to 4 pm on Friday, November 19th, due to a conflict with a San Diego Community Forum on Laura's Law. The Client and Family Leadership Committee will continue to hold its regular meeting from 8:30 to 12:30 on November 19th in San Diego. Please see the attached letter for details of the cancellation.
- Letter of Cancellation - 11/18/2010
The MHSOAC is currently soliciting applications for the MHSOAC committees. Please see the individual recruitment letters from the committees below. The application deadline is November 19, 2010.
- Committee Application Form
- Evaluation Committee Letter
- Services Committee Letter
- Funding Committee Letter
- Client and Family Leadership Committee Letter
- Cultural and Linguistic Competence Committee Letter
*** APPLICATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS NOVEMBER 19, 2010 ***
- The Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission is announcing an Addendum to the Request for Proposal (RFP) No. 10-70123-000, entitled, “Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission's (MHSOAC's) Initial Statewide Evaluation of the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA)." The Addendum is in response to questions submitted. The changes in the Addendum shall be included in the RFP and the Addendum shall be part of the RFP documents. All conditions in the RFP not affected by the Addendum shall remain unchanged.
Click here to view the Request for Proposal Addendum # 1 10-70123-000.
The RFP, the Addendum, and the Word document with blank attachment forms is posted to Bid Sync (www.bidsync.com or http://www.dgs.ca.gov/Default.aspx?alias=www.dgs.ca.gov/pd and click on the eProcurement button, and click on Bidding Opportunities on the California State Contracts Register (CSCR) ~ the eProcurement link is shorter for searching the CSCR, as it takes one directly to all State of CA bids)
- The staff of the MHSOAC provided written comments to the Administrative Office of The Courts on the draft recommendations made by the Task Force for Criminal Justice Collaboration on Mental Health Issues. The written comments can be viewed here.
- The Mental Health Services and Accountability Commission is announcing an invitation to review and respond to Request for Proposal (RFP) No. 10-70123-000, entitled, “Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission's (MHSOAC's) Initial Statewide Evaluation of the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA)." The MHSOAC is seeking proposals for a contractor to perform the initial evaluation effort by the MHSOAC. This evaluation is designed to document activities and costs for all components of the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA or the Act), determine impact of the MHSA on clients with mental illness/emotional disturbance and their families, and measure impact of the MHSA on California's public community mental health system.
The RFP is now posted to BidSync (www.bidsync.com or http://www.dgs.ca.gov/Default.aspx?alias=www.dgs.ca.gov/pd and click on the eProcurement button, and click on Bidding Opportunities on the California State Contracts Register (CSCR) ~ the eProcurement link is shorter for searching the CSCR, as it takes one directly to all State of CA bids)
- Request for Proposal
- RFP # 10-70123-000 MHSOAC’s Initial Statewide Evaluation of the MHSA
- Additional Resources
Performance Indicator Proposal for the Mental Health Services Act, September 2009
- Request for Proposal
- The Client and Family Leadership Committee will be holding a meeting via Teleconference from 2:00PM to 4:00PM on October 13, 2010 to discuss the Client and Family-Driven Transformation policy paper. To participate, please see the meeting information located here:
- Commissioners Eduardo Vega and Mary Hayashi were appointed to the the executive committee of the National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention. The kickoff press conference for this initiative was held on September 10, 2010 at the national press club with Secretaries Sebelius and Gates, former Senator Gordon Smith and Samhsa administrator Pamela Hyde. Commissioner Vega spoke about the experience and stigma of suicide as a panelist at the event. Video of the press conference can be viewed here.
- Client-Driven, Family-Focused, Wellness Transformation" PowerPoint by Commissioner Eduardo Vega, M.A., Chair, Client and Family Leadership Committee, July 29, 2010
- Petris Center reports Proposition 63 programs have had significant positive outcomes for mental health clients. See the press release below!
- Petris Report Press Release - 07/01/10
- The Student Mental Health Initiative Part 1 and Part 2 have been combined into a single document. SMHI Part 1 and Part 2 - 07/01/10
- The MHSOAC is pleased to share with you the June edition of the San Francisco Medical Society Journal that is getting national attention. Co-edited and featuring an article and an editorial co-written by MHSOAC Commissioner David Pating, MD, this edition titled "Addiction and Recovery: From Neurons to National Policy" highlights some of the integrated care offered at Kaiser and the opportunities under Health Care Reform to improve access to care.
- Calling All Artists and Writers! MHSOAC Expressions Consent Forms - 04/05/10
- The MHSOAC Cultural and Linguistic Competence Committee (CLCC) meeting scheduled for August 25, 2010 is being cancelled. The next meeting is scheduled for September 22, 2010 in southern California.
- The August 26, 2010 MHSOAC meeting is cancelled.
The Commission will conduct a conference call on that day to review and approve plans for Prevention and Early Intervention (PEI) and for Innovation (INN). The time of the conference call will be announced in a separate posting.
- PEI Statewide Programs Notice – Invitation for Stakeholder Input Extended to August 31, 2010
The MHSOAC received notification that the CalMHSA is extending the deadline to August 31, 2010 for stakeholder input to determine the priority for recommended actions to be implemented for PEI Statewide Programs. Please go to: www.calmhsa.org for more information on how to participate and the CalMHSA plan for stakeholder input on PEI Statewide Programs.
- Sacramento County Update from June 24, 2010 Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission (MHSOAC) Meeting:
In response to general public comment, a status update regarding issues associated with Sacramento County’s mental health system redesign was provided to the MHSOAC at its meeting held in Sacramento on June 24, 2010. The Commission’s Executive Director informed the Commission that, while the issues are not yet resolved, the County and the California Department of Mental Health (DMH) are continuing in their communication. In addition, the Commission’s Executive Director noted that because several lawsuits have been filed against the County it would be inappropriate for the Commission to take any kind of position at this time.
Sacramento County has submitted its FY 2010/11 Annual Update which included a request for continued funding for “previously approved” Prevention and Early Intervention (PEI) programs. Commission staff did not have sufficient information to complete their analysis of the Annual Update until the Sacramento County Board of Supervisors voted on the budget proposed for the system redesign. That Board of Supervisors’ approval occurred last week. Now that the Board of Supervisors has approved the system redesign, the analysis of the PEI portion of the Annual Update should be completed by next week by the MHSOAC staff. If the PEI programs meet all the criteria, then the PEI funding request portion of the Annual Update will be approved at that time. It should be noted that the PEI programs requesting continued funding are not related to the issues being litigated or the issues with DMH.